Monday, July 23, 2007

Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd's Pie is one of my favorite comfort foods but I am very picky about what goes into my pie.

It is a traditional English meal that usually consists of minced lamb topped my mashed potatoes. In the U.S., it is usually made with ground beef and may then be called "cottage pie" or "cowboy pie." In the U.S., a layer of corn is commonly added too. A number of other vegetables, such as peas, onions and beans, are sometimes added to the ground meat. Shepherdess Pie is a vegetarian version.

For me, I enjoy ground beef, corn and mashed potatoes. I don't like any other veggies in my Shepherd's Pie. Trying to find that type of Shepherd's Pie though can be difficult. But, I have found one store that has exactly what I want. And their Pie is delicious.

J. Pace & Sons Inc. sells a home-made Shepherd's Pie. It is large enough to feed two people and costs only around $9. What a bargain! They don't make it every day though so it is not always available. You just have to take it home, heat it up and then serve. A quick meal. It has a nice crusty top, soft potatoes and flavorful beef.

I'm having some tonight. Yum!

J. Pace & Sons Inc.
333 Main St.
Saugus, MA
Phone: (781) 231-2741

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, once again I concur! Shepherds Pie is a comfort food for me! In a restaurant setting, 'The Cheesecake Factory' has a very good one! In a retail location, I can highly recommend 'Bristol Farms' in the Southern California area! They make a conventional pie and a chicken variety which is quite different but excellent!
Bon appetite &
Cheers!