Wednesday, September 12, 2007

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant

Yes, it is a chain but I very much enjoy it!

I have been to the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant inside the Park Plaza hotel many times. I have also made a few visits to their Faneuil Hall location. They make up their menu twice a day, for lunch and dinner, based on what is fresh. The menu is mainly seafood though there are steak and poultry options as well. Lunch is a good value as the prices are usually half that of dinner, and meals are still fairly large.

Tonight I stopped in for a quick dinner and sat at the bar. I chose the Red Tilapia with a cashew crust and Jamaican hot rum butter sauce ($19). This comes with rice pilaf and mixed veggies. I received a good sized piece of fish, moist and flaky. The crust and sauce is excellent, a sweet taste with crunchy nuts. They use this crust and sauce on other fishes as well, such as catfish. I have had it before and have always enjoyed it.

Their fish is always fresh and delicious. I don't recall ever having a bad meal here. Give it a try at lunch when it is inexpensive. And I bet you return for dinner!

McCormick & Schmick's in Boston

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, Gabriella and I had one of our worst experiences ever there. Raw oysters that tasted off, tough wahoo from Hawaii, and forgettable sauces. It's a pity cause we hear so many good things. Oh well, we now live in one of the fresh fish rich countries there is! Lucky us!

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi Ryan! The problem with chains is that sometimes not all of their restaurants are of equal quality. I have not been to McCormick's in other states so I can't say how they are. There is a lot of competition in Boston for seafood restaurants so they need to be good to survive.

Anonymous said...

Finz in Salem is far, far better in terms of menu originality and quality of preparation. The prices are also not all that different.

- oddjob

Richard Auffrey said...

Hello Oddjob:
I have not yet gone to Finz, though I have heard many good things about it. I will endeavor to check it out soon. Thanks.