Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Thanks

It is that time again, to reflect upon our lives and consider everything we should be thankful for during the past year. Though this type of reflection should not be limited to Thanksgiving. We should regularly reflect on our lives and be thankful for what we have. No matter how bad our lives may seem at times, there will always be something of which to be thankful. Seeking the positive may help brighten the darker parts of our lives.

I have much of which to be thankful.

I am very thankful for my family, especially my wife, my mom and my nephew Thomas. I look forward to spending the holidays with them, sharing the bounty of the year.

I am thankful for my friends, both old and new. This includes my Thursday night wine buddies, my North Shore Winer friends, and the many fellow wine/food bloggers I have met online, and off, during the past year. I am especially thankful at having the opportunity to meet Ryan and Gabriella when I visited Spain.

I am thankful for so much. My good health. My job, with my good boss and co-workers. My two cats. My home. My vacation to Spain.

I am thankful for my position as a food/wine columnist at the Stoneham Sun. I am thankful for all of my readers, of my blog and newspaper column. I am thankful to the wine community, from the retailers to distributors, from the bloggers to the winemakers.

The list could go on and on for all of which I am thankful. But I won't make this much longer of a post. Just make sure that you consider your own lives and be thankful for everything you have. Raise a glass of wine tomorrow in thanks. Enjoy your family and friends. Savor life. And dine with passion!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

1 comment:

Gabriella Opaz said...

Thank you Richard for including us in your list of people to be thankful for, and please know that you both are very much in our hearts as well! What is the point of enjoying life if you don't have people you can enjoy it with? Please enjoy your Turkey for us and we promise to raise our glasses to you on Sunday!