Friday, January 4, 2008

Xai Xai: South African Wine Bar

I am a fan of the wines of South Africa, especially their Pinotage. So I was excited to read in the blog of James Molesworth at Wine Spectator about Xai Xai, a new South African wine bar in New York City. Xai Xai has over 80 South African wines, over half available by the glass. They also serve some South African cuisine. Check out the article for more info.

Maybe on my next trip to the city I still stop by.

Xai Xai
365 W. 51st St.
NY, NY
Phone: (212) 541-9241

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to Xai Xai twice and really enjoyed it. I love how they actually focus exclusively on SA wines rather than offering a few alongside more traditional French and Italian selections. It shows they've got some guts! And the place is always packed, even on a Tuesday evening. I actually meant to do a post on it but never got around to! You should definitely check it out if you come to New York.

Richard Auffrey said...

Thanks Erika, it is great to hear from someone who has been there. I will definitely place this on my agenda for my next NY visit. How was the food, and what did you have?