Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2006 Agnusdei Albarino

One of my favorite white wines is Spanish Albarino. I find them to have a distinctive character, a crisp liveliness that I find missing in some other white wines. So, while at the Boston Wine Expo, I was pleased to stumble upon one while perusing the Portuguese wines. Though I was in the Portuguese section, this was still a Spanish Albarino.

The 2006 Agnusdei Albarino ($16) is from the Rias Baixas region of Spain. Bodegas Agnusdei-Terra Firme is the heart of the Salnes Valley. It is a relatively new Bodega, having begun only in 2005. This wine was a light yellow in color with a strong nose of lush citrus fruits. On the palate, those citrus flavors filled my mouth, a complex melange of tasteswith a hint of floral notes. It was crisp and smooth and had a decently long finish. An excellent example of Spanish Albarino and a wine I heartily recommend.

No comments: