Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fuloon: Chinese Lunch Buffet

I had been hearing some good things about Fuloon Restaurant, a Chinese restaurant on Main Street in Malden. So I thought I would stop by for their all-you-can eat Lunch Buffet. The buffet is served Monday to Friday, 11:30am-2:30pm, and only costs $6.25.

It is a small restaurant though they have great a large menu. Besides the lunch buffet, there are numerous Lunch Specials and Rice Plates that you can order. The buffet consists of two long tables of food, one generally containing appetizers and desserts and the other entrees and soups. I arrived around 11:40am, so very soon after the buffet opened. I figured that everything should be the freshest at that point.

I found most of the food to be luke-warm at best. It had obviously been set up earlier than 11:30am. The selection was mostly the same type of items you find on almost any other Chinese buffet, except for a couple things. Crab Rangoon, Chicken Fingers, Chicken Teriyaki, Steamed Ravioli, Vegetable Tempura, Egg Roll, etc. Vegetable fried rice, General Gao Chicken, Beef with veggies, Egg Drop Soup, etc. Quality wise, the food was average, comparable to most other Chinese buffets. Nothing exceptional but decent food at a cheap price. I expected more based on prior comments I had heard about the restaurant. Though maybe their dinner meals are better.

I would not hurry back here for lunch.

Fuloon Restaurant
375 Main St.
Malden, MA
Phone: 781-388-3338

Fuloon on Urbanspoon

No comments: