Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bouchon Bakery-- NYC

While wandering near Central Park in New York City, I make the effort to stop by the Time Warner Center. The Center is home to numerous shops and restaurants, including the renowned Per Se and Masa restaurants. Reservations to both of those places are difficult to obtain but I stop by the Center for another reason. I want to taste the pastries and baked goods of Bouchon Bakery.

Owned by the Thomas Keller Restaurant Group, there are three Bouchon Bakeries in the U.S., in Yountville (California), Las Vegas and New York City. The Bakery makes a wide assortment of items, including breads, cookies, muffins, pastries, quiche, salads and sandwiches. It is not cheap but the food is very high quality and quite delicious.

Their muffins really show to me their baking skill. They usually only have a few flavors of muffin available but they are all moist and flavorful. Their banana nut is excellent as well as their corn muffin. Now, on one of my last trips here, I bought a corn muffin. But I did not eat it until later the next day, on the ride home. Yet the muffin was as fresh and moist as if it was just baked. And that almost never seems to happen with other corn muffins. They usually are very dry the next day.

This bakery is very popular and I know why. I highly recommend you stop by and treat yourself to a pastry or muffin.

Bouchon Bakery
Ten Columbus Circle, Third Floor
New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-823-9366

Bouchon Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments: