Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bistro 5 Wine Dinner with Isole e Olena: January 29

On January 29, prepare for an amazing wining and dining experience. I'll be there and hope to see some of my readers as well.

Bistro 5, an excellent Italian restaurant in Medford, is hosting a wine dinner with a special guest, Paolo De Marchi, a famed Tuscan wine maker who owns the winery Isole e Olena. This will be a four course dinner with wine pairings for $75. This should be an exceptional event.

I met Paolo last April and got to taste many of his wines, and they were superb. He was also a very nice person, charming and down-to-earth. His Chianti Classico even made my list of Top Ten Wines over $15 of 2008.

I am also a big fan of Bistro 5 and you can find multiple reviews here and here. Bistro 5 was also my "Favorite Local Restaurant" of 2008.

Here is the menu for this wine maker dinner. I know the various courses really appeal to me.

First Course--
House Cured “Salumi” (Duck prosciutto, Boar prosciutto, brioche, poached pear, foie gras mousse and vincotto)
Paired with a 2007 Isole e Olena, Collezzione De Marchi, Chardonnay

Second Course--
Risotto al Chianti (Truffled Fondue and wild mushrooms)
Paired with a 2005 Isole e Olena, Chianti Classico

Third Course--
Braised Veal Breast (Gorgonzola, figs and veal jus)
Paired with a 2005 Propieta Sperina

Fourth Course--
Cheese Selection
Paired with a 2005 Isole e Olena, Cepparello Toscana Rosso

Call the restaurant (Tel: 781-395-7464) to make reservations, and tell them The Passionate Foodie sent you! I hope to see you there.

No comments: