Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my family, friends and all of my readers!

May the glad tidings of this holiday season shine on you, your family and friends. May your celebrations be joyous and overflowing with great people, excellent conversation, fun times, delicious food and fine drink. May the gifts you give to others be well appreciated and bring joy to the recipients. May you thoroughly enjoy whichever holiday you celebrate at this season.

This is one of my favorite times of year as I love sharing the holidays with my family and friends, enjoying their company as we eat and drink to celebrate the season. It should be a joyous occasion, reveling in all of our blessings, for no matter what ills there may be, there still is much to appreciate. That appreciation deserves recognition and sharing, and not only during the holidays.

It is also a time for giving, for sharing with those less fortunate than us. Please donate as much as you can to your favorite charities, whether you give money, time or goods.

Make sure you have a safe holiday as well. Please don't drink and drive, and drive safely and cautiously. We hope that everyone will remain around to celebrate the New Year as well as the rest of 2012.

Drink and dine with passion this holiday, as well as every day of the year! Passion is what gives our lives meaning, what drives us toward excellence. A life devoid of passion is empty and shallow, and desperately needs change. Seek out whatever makes you passionate, and revel in its delights.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Christmas in Argentina is a very important holliday but is not as important as New Year because more people celebrate the latter. The tradition is to gather with the extended family and maybe some friends, so dinners usually include more than 15 people. When I was there for New Year´s Eve, I invited all my Argentinean friends to a party I threw at the apartments in Buenos Aires I stayed during my time there. We partied till 4 in the morning!! It was awesome!