Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sake News: 2 Dinners, a Novel & Maine

1) Join me on Monday, December 3 at 6:30pm, for a tasty and interesting Sake Dinner at AKA Bistro in Lincoln. For only $55 per person, you will be treated to a four course meal, each course paired with a different Sake. During the course of the dinner, I will talk about Sake, from its history to its rituals, giving you a basic foundation in this intriguing beverage. I'll help demystify this exotic alcohol and hopefully entice you to seek our more Sake after this dinner.

This is the second time I have done a Sake event at AKA Bistro and the first one went very well, with many happy attendees. As space is limited, reservations are necessary so please call the restaurant at 781-259-9925 to secure a spot. Hope to see you there!

Food Menu:
--Salade de pommes locales (Local Orchard Apple Salad with blue cheese mousse, arugula. reduce apple cider and toasted walnuts)
--Foie gras torchon (Foe gras with preserved seasonal fruits and toasted brioche)
--Braised Shortribs (with Kabiyaki carrot and sauteed baby vegetables)
--Chocolat Biscuit (With yuzu ginger puree, Chestnut nougatine and pumpkin ice cream)

2) Just another reminder that I also am presiding at another Sake Dinner on Wednesday, November 28, at 6:30pm at China Blossom in North Andover. You will get 3 courses of food and 4 different Sakes for only $40 per person. Plus, I will talk about many different facets of Sake, from its legends to etiquette. Check out my previous post for all the details. Hope to see you there too!

3) As I previously mentioned, my new novel, Demons, Gods & Sake is now available as a Trade Paperback through AmazonThe Trade Paperback is 252 pages long and sells for $14.95. This novel is the fourth installment of the Tipsy Sensei series, the adventures of Nate Randall, a Sake Expert from Boston. The novel is also available as an Ebook and the prior three Tipsy Sensei short stories are available as Ebooks too.

Demons, Gods and Sake can now be found at its first bookstore, The Book Oasis in Stoneham. I am hoping to make it available in a few other local and independent book stores in the near future. Plus, I hope to do some local book signings. If any restaurants, book stores or other businesses would like to stock my new novel and/or do a book signing, please contact me.

4) There is a new kura, a Sake brewery, in Maine! I don't have much information about the Blue Current Brewery and their website and Facebook page also lack detail, but I am attempting to gather more information. When I learn more, I will be sure to share it with my readers. The cold winters in Maine probably are excellent for Sake brewing, so there is some potential there. I am also checking out another possible Sake brewery in Massachusetts!

No comments: