Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to one and all!

As 2013 begins, I wish only the best for my family, friends, readers and everyone else. It is my sincere desire that the world will find this new year to be better, in all ways, than the previous one. 

The last several years have been challenging for most of us, especially economically. For example, the economy figured significantly in the presidential election and over the last month, we have all been concerned about the potential consequences of the "fiscal cliff."  It is my fervent hope that 2013 bring a much better economic outlook for all of us. No matter what happens though, we shall find a way to make 2013 a great year. Try to maintain a positive attitude, no matter what happens, and you can get through anything. Savor everything you possess rather than bemoan what you lack.

For The Passionate Foodie, I have plenty of ideas and plans for this new year: places to visit, issues to examine, wines to drink, food to eat, books to read, and much, much more. For example, I will be speaking at the Design Bloggers Conference in March in Los Angeles about Sake & specialized blogging. I hope to attend TasteCamp, which will be held in Quebec in 2013. I look forward to the next Boston Cocktail Summit this year, expecting that it will be even bigger and better than last year. I want to dine at restaurants I have not yet visited, such as Journeyman, Tres Gatos and Belly Wine Bar. I look forward to trying the new roasted suckling pig dinners at Taberna de Haro. There is plenty other things I hope to experience.

I also have plans for The Tipsy Sensei, my new series of stories about a Boston Sake expert who learns that the supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore are real. Next up, I will publish a paperback collection of short stories, which will include the first three Tipsy Sensei short stories as well as a new historical story featuring Hato from Demons, Gods & Sake. I am also hoping to finish and publish Tipsy Sensei #5, a new novel, which is tentatively titled Hand Fed Tigers.

This is only a small portion of what I have planned for the coming year. If you have any suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments or email me.  I am always looking for new and interesting food, wine, sake, and spirits places to check out.

Thanks so much to all of my readers during the past year and best wishes to you for the coming year. I hope you will continue to read my blog in 2013, and please send me your feedback and criticism so I can make The Passionate Foodie even better.

Dine and drink with passion all year round!

No comments: