Monday, April 10, 2017

The Tipsy Sensei Returns!

Nate Randall, the Tipsy Sensei, is back and facing terrible Kaiju, gigantic monsters that bear some resemblance to beasts like Godzilla and Ghidorah.

The Tipsy Sensei is the name of my fictional series of supernatural thrillers which feature Sake-expert Nate Randall who faces off against a variety of supernatural creatures from Japanese folklore. At his side is his friend, Hato, an immortal Samurai and a master of the katana, bow and other weapons. Currently, the Tipsy Sensei series consists of four short stories and three novels, with more forthcoming. And the Tipsy Sensei has now expanded from fiction to the gaming world.

A new role-playing game has just been released, Tiny Frontiers: Mecha and Monsters, which was created by game-designer Alan Bahr. With a minimalistic set of rules, you can pit giant robots against mighty monsters. As an example, think of the movie Pacific Rim. It is a fun game that is easy to learn, and is appropriate for all ages. A number of other writers were invited to contribute to this role-playing game, to create a variety of settings for the game. I was fortunate to have been chosen for inclusion, and one of my contributions is a setting that includes the Tipsy Sensei!

In my last novel, Halloween Nightmare At Fenway, Nate and Hato faced off against Doctor Toshio Yagi and Major Zannin Iwafuku, who were onryō, vengeful ghosts that wanted to replay World War II. As an alternate future history, I used these same villains and their goals to create a setting, Hyakki Yagyō, for the Tiny Frontiers game. Out of the mists of Japanese mythology, Doctor Yagi and Major Iwafuku were able to use potent magic to summon a myriad of Kaiju to the Earth, trying to destroy those countries which defeated Japan during WWII. In response, the U.S. and its allies created the Steelnecks, powerful Mecha which they hope to counter the Kaiju. And Nate Randall might be the turning point in this epic battle.

What will happen next? That is up to you as you can role-play many different scenarios and endings. In addition, you'll find eighteen other settings for the Mecha and Monsters game, providing a wealth of diversity. Plus, I wrote a second setting for this game called Mecha Chef.  Consider Iron Chef but where giant robots must first hunt down their ingredients, huge Kaiju, and then create a special dish from their flesh.

Check out Tiny Frontiers: Mecha and Monsters and experience the Tipsy Sensei's new adventures.

7 comments:

WritePaperForMe said...

I will definitely use your information. Thank you. Look here - write a paper for me .

PaperCoachNet said...

I really liked your article and the photo is super. Thanks you. I know how to start a reflective essay introduction.

Jackra said...

Need some instant feedback on your essay? Check the free paper grader by PaperGraders.net. This is the AI-powered tool which grades your paper in no time and returns you some useful feedback as to how improve your paper.

ameliawang said...

I adore the posts that you share. You are pretty good at writing. Do you provide quality essay help? I need assistance with my academic essay.

Cordelia Mitchell said...

I never heard before about this game. Your article can be interesting for gamers but not fot persistent students. I try to don't use affordable proofreading services because I want to be successful in the future. Writing essays helps me to improve my skills. But if I feel the lack of time, of course, I ask professionals about help.

Mirabella Chester said...

Thanks for this interesting article. I have never read anything like this. I will definitely mention this piece of information in my essay because it seems now that I definitely know how to write an evaluation essay.

Stewart Brown said...

TOEFL test id very complicated, that's why you will need a lot of practice if you need to get the best score. There are toefl essays topics for practicing the writing assignment. The topic suggestions provided here are also ideal for practicing for oral tests - simply allow yourself a 45-section slot to speak on any topic(s) that appeal to you.